The Wilfrid Laurier men’s baseball team hosted the tenth annual awards banquet on the evening of Saturday, December 5 at the Senate and Board Chamber.
Each year the fourth and fifth year student-athletes are recognized for the contributions that they have made to the program during their time at Laurier. Head Coach Scott Ballantyne also presented the annual Major Award winners as part of the evening that also included a raffle and silent auction.
Below is a recap of the players who were recognized.
Major Award Winners
• Matt Voight – Most Improved Player
• John King – Coaches Choice Award
• Jake Tougas – Ultimate ‘Team Player’ Award
• Alex Kupchak – Silver Slugger Award
• Jonathan Brouse – Gold Glove Award
• Christian Hauck – Most Valuable Rookie Pitcher
• Ryley Davenport – Most Valuable Rookie Position Player
• Andrew Ziedins – Most Valuable Pitcher
• Jonathan Brouse – Most Valuable Position Player
• Jeff Hunt – Post Season MVP
- Jordan Petruska – W. Scott Ballantyne Alumni Leadership Award
The 2015 Laurier Golden Hawks finished with a record of 25-8, the highest winning percentage in school history.