JNT: Nats roll past juniors
By Adam Morissette
Event: Fall Instructional League
Score: Washington Nationals 13 Canada (U18) 1
Location: ESPN Wide World of Sports – Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Canada U18 Starting Lineup:
1. Cooper Davis - CF
2. Adam Hall – SS
3. Clayton Keyes - DH
4. Andrew Yerzy - C
5. Isaac Deveaux – LF
6. Michael Stovman – DH
7. Tyler Duncan – RF
8. Steven Moretto – DH
9. Soren Graversen – 1B
10. Dondrae Bremner – 2B
11. Rhys Cratty – 3B
Starting Pitcher: RHP Jordan Balazovic
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Nationals loaded the bases with one out in the second on a walk, double and hit batter before a sac-fly to right made it 1-0. A wild pitch brought in a run to make it 2-0.
- The juniors got one of the runs back in the third when Tyler Duncan (Sooke, BC) singled and moved to third on an error before scoring on a ground out off the bat of Dondrae Bremner (Toronto, Ont.).
- The Nats took advantage of a single and an error in the fourth to put runners on the corners before a sac-fly and wild pitch plated two more runs.
- In the fifth, a leadoff walked followed by a throwing error put a runner on third for the Nats who later scored on a groundout.
-The Nats would go on to add a run in the sixth and three in both of the seventh and eighth innings.
- Duncan accounted for the only Junior National Team hit of the ballgame when he singled and scored in the third.
- Junior National Team starting pitcher Jordan Balazovic (Mississauga, Ont.) was tagged for just one earned run over three innings of work. He struck out two batters.
Hits: 1, Duncan (1/1)
Runs: 1, Duncan
RBI: 1, Bremner
Strikeouts: 2, Balazovic; 1, Jones
The juniors will be back at ESPN Wide World of Sports Wednesday (1pm ET) when they take on prospects from the Atlanta Braves organization … RHP Sam Turcotte (Toronto, Ont.) is expected to start on the mound.